Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
The chance to for 20 people to each win 1 ebook copy and 1 paperback copy of ‘On Web Typography’ by Jason Santa Maria (the “Sweepstakes”) beginning on Wednesday 27 August 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and ending at 10am BST on Monday 1 September 2014 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”) (such period referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Monotype Limited (the “Sweepstakes Sponsor”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Tweet this message (unabridged and unedited) from your Twitter account:
Really useful (and beautiful) collection of web font recommendations, updated monthly by @Typecastapp - http://typecast.com/type-on-screen
You can do so by keying it directly, or by using these 3 tweet links on Typecast. 1) Visit the URL typecast.com/type-on-screen and click the ‘Tweet this’ link on the page to tweet the message and Type On Screen URL. 2) Visit the URL typecast.com/blog/win-a-copy-of-on-web-typography, click the ‘Send This Tweet’ link in the penultimate paragraph of the article to tweet the message and Type On Screen URL. 3) Click the ‘Tweet this’ link in our Type On Screen email to tweet the message and Type On Screen URL Only tweets that include the full message and URL as written above (with no edited text or abridged URLs like t.co, bit.ly, etc) will qualify for the Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE: On the Sweepstakes End Date 20 winners will be chosen at random from all the qualifying tweets. Each winner will receive one ebook copy and one paperback copy of ‘On Web Typography’ by Jason Santa Maria. Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for any damages or losses if the books are lost or damaged during shipping from the supplier.
Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $460 (actual value may vary). There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes allowed. Winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The substitution or transfer of prizes is not permitted except as specifically set forth herein. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of identification. Taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is only open to individuals who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about the day following the Sweepstakes End Date, the Sweepstakes Sponsor will randomly select the winners. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date. Winners will be notified by Twitter, within 3 days of the drawing. After notification, the winner will need to send the Sweepstakes Sponsor their name, address, email address, and place of work. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date. In the event the winner does not accept the prize within 3 days of notification of winning, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be selected. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner. Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
- CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes Sponsor, and its agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes should any unauthorised human intervention or other causes beyond the Sweepstakes Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Sponsor and their agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the law of England and Wales. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the courts of England shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes and that venue shall be only in London.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the Sweepstakes winner after the Sweepstakes End Date, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Typecast SWEEPSTAKES” to the Sweepstakes Sponsor. Requests for winners list must be received no later than 90 days from the Sweepstakes Date.
- SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: Monotype Limited, Unit 2, Perrywood Business Park, Salfords, Surrey, RH1 5DZ, UK
- NOTICE: The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Sweepstakes in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
Copyright © 2014 Monotype Imaging Inc. All rights reserved. Monotype is the trademark of Monotype Imaging Inc. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.